Comfort. Style. One for One.
So I think TOMS shoes rank up there with my all time favorite shoes... They are simply adorable and super comfy. Very Bohochic... I have recently bought my third pair; and had I fallen in love with them sooner, I am quite sure they would have been my "something blue" wedding shoes. My favorite pairs are the ones that usually aren't in stores and can only be found online... They have such amazing styles... I'm just going to post a few of my favs :)
Can we say ROLL TIDE?! http://www.toms.com/womens/scottish-houndstooth-women-s-classics
My cousin just got these, I am def in love. Sadly, they sold out of my size :( http://www.toms.com/womens/journey-is-the-destination-women-s-classics
I'm not personally a huge fan of the corduroy pairs, but they have several great colors in these styles. Also, I am usually a purest, but the cordones styles are really starting to grow on me... They are different from the classic style so add a little bit of variety to your everyday TOMS. You can check them out here: http://www.toms.com/womens/cordones?view=all
Initially, I was not at all a fan of the TOMS wedges. But I think they are really starting to make some very cute styles. Taking a look, I think these might be my current favorites, but I do also love the red canvas wedge... http://www.toms.com/womens/wedges/metallic-tweed-women-s-wedges
Also, I always love the "artist" styles. They are specifically designed by an artist for TOMS and are almost always very unique. I bought a pair several months ago that I really love. And not only are they a part of the One for One movement (see below for more info), but part of the proceeds for this specific shoe also went to the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project. So you get a great shoe, and are able to contribute to amazing charities! I actually had been admiring this shoe for several seasons, (in burnt orange) but they kept on selling out on me. And that was even with being placed on the early alert list. So when I saw these on their website, I jumped on it. Totally worth it too... And that's not to mention the fact that by the next WEEK (no joke) they were already sold out of my size.
LOVE!
Now for a little background on TOMS shoes themselves... The company is designed on the principle of
One for One
What does this mean, you ask. Well, for every pair of shoe you buy, they give one pair of shoes to a child in need. They set up shoe drops all around the word in impoverished communities. But they don't stop there. The company actually tailors the shoe they are giving to the community it is going to. They are specifically designed with that communities needs in mind. If it is a particularly rocky location, they beef up the soles a bit. Also, they carefully select the community in which the shoe drop will occur. Learn more about the giving process here: http://www.toms.com/how-we-give Also, as we all know, children grow. A lot. So TOMS returns to those same communities (or at least that is the goal) to provide shoes to the children as they grow older. Shoes are the current leader in the donations, reason being it is very important to have shoes to protect from injury and disease. It is also vital for these children to have shoes so that they can attend school. Read more here: http://www.toms.com/our-movement-why
The latest endeavor of TOMS is: eyewear! For every pair of sunglasses purchased, TOMS will help give one person sight. This is done through medical treatment, prescription glasses, or sight saving surgery. And the sunglasses are pretty cute too! Once again, you can find out more information here: http://www.toms.com/eyewear/our-movement/
All in all, I think this is an amazing company. I love getting to support such amazing causes through purchasing the things I love anyways. TOMS shoes are also a great conversation piece. I have on several occasions had a random stranger ask me about my TOMS and shared the story with them, pointing them in the right direction to purchase their own pair. And lets not forget that TOMS makes mens' and youth styles too! For your shopping pleasure: http://www.toms.com/
Wear them with:
Everything!!! Remember that outfit from the Christina Perri Concert? http://livinbohochic.blogspot.com/2011/07/concerts-best-of-fashion-worst-of.html
Well, after I took off my super-cute-but-not-so-fun-to-stand-in-all-night wedges, I swapped them for my TOMS stashed away in my purse... TOMS look cute with almost everything, esp skinny jeans. And I can't wait to try out my new wrap boots!! So go ahead, try them out for yourself! Oh, something to keep in mind: TOMS stretch. Notoriously. If they fit completely perfectly, you might want to consider going down a size due to the amount of stretch. I have learned the hard way though, that different styles stretch a different amount. The last pair I bought, I probably could have done with going up a size. The result: a hole at my big toe... oh well... So when I bought my boots, I made sure to go up a size, especially considering I might want to wear them with socks one day. This turned out to be a great decision, I think if they had been any smaller they wouldn't have fit at all. But there is definitely a stretching-out period to allow for...
What are you waiting for?! Go check them out and learn more about the movement!
No comments:
Post a Comment